Monday, October 25, 2010

Confessions

For all my planning, hoping, and writing, I'm not always so great at maintaining the balance I strive for. We're in transition right now, finally getting used to my having a full-time job with just one side gig (instead of multiple part-time jobs plus school). I'm still working out how to do my job well, care for our Russian kids, enjoy my husband and home life, and spend time with my friends and family. In that mix, I don't always take good care of myself. I've been to yoga about once a week, but I have yet to schedule that first massage. My chest is growing tight again . . . grrrrr. Always learning, right? So this week is about discipline, healthy boundaries, and prioritizing. Problem is, it's hard to prioritize when everything is important and inviting! That's why I need to make space for silence; it helps me find the truth and stay grounded. I hope to have scheduled my massage by the end of this week, and I plan to have the computer off (that means NO MORE working on cases or Russia stuff) by 10:00 every night this week. Will I do it? We'll find out . . . in the meantime, encouragement welcome! I'm looking at the blessings I have and seeking to live justly and generously even among the chaos. I am so thankful to surround this busy week with a great weekend with family (hospitable and gracious in-laws, super cute and cuddly nieces and nephews, and wonderful beyond words grandparents) and a fun get-together coming up this weekend. In between, I hope that all of us have space to be who we were made to be and eyes open to all ways we can brighten the world, big and small.

1 comments:

Benjamin Clark said...

you can do it! you're doing great so far and i'm proud of you for working so hard.

Post a Comment